We are so glad that you are considering admission to Ambleside School for your child. After you have explored our website, visited the school, and asked any questions of our admissions staff, we warmly welcome you to apply. Here are the steps for admission:
1. Fill out the online application below or click here to download the application to send in to the school.
2. Gather your child’s standardized test results (Grades 2 and above) and report cards for the past two years. These can be faxed to 720-863-2182, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or sent by mail to:
Ambleside School Admissions
1510 East Phillips Avenue
Centennial, CO 80122-3276
3. Have your child’s current teacher, or an adult who has worked with your child over a period of time in a group situation (if kindergarten or home schooled), complete the student recommendation form, and mail it directly to the address above, fax it to 720-863-2182, or scan and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Purchase and review one book of required reading for parents (available for $12 at the Ambleside School office, or online at Amazon or other bookseller):
When Children Love to Learn, by Elaine Cooper, or
For the Children’s Sake, by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
5. After we receive your completed application, we will contact you via email to welcome you and confirm receipt of your application. Once we receive your application fee ($50 per student or $100 max per family) and the required documentation mentioned in #2 above, we will work with you to schedule a student assessment at the school. Student assessments for enrollment the following fall begin in February.
6. Following the student assessment you will be contacted to schedule a parent interview, during which time we will discuss the required reading, provide feedback on the student assessment, and answer any remaining questions. We ask that both parents (or legal guardians) participate in the interview.
7. Letters of acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent out the week of March 1st. Qualified applicants will be considered based on space availability and optimal classroom mix in terms of gender, age, etc. If a particular class fills, students will be placed in a wait pool and parents will be informed.
8. If accepted, secure your child’s space by returning the signed enrollment agreement, which will accompany your acceptance letter, along with the $500 enrollment fee per student, which will be applied to tuition for the upcoming year.
Thank you for your interest in Ambleside! We look forward to getting to know your family.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Ambleside School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Ambleside School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, hiring policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please note: Online applications cannot be partially saved, please complete the entire application and then submit. Thank you!
“The habits of the child produce the character of the man…Every day, every hour, the parents are either passively or actively forming those habits in their children upon which, more than upon anything else, future character and conduct depend.”