Employment at Ambleside
We accept applications throughout the school year. The online application is below for your convenience.
If you have an active, daily commitment to Jesus Christ and share His heart for children, if you have a love for learning and reading, if you have experience with children submitting willingly to your leadership, and a growing passion for the Ambleside philosophy, we would love to hear from you.
Experience in the position you are applying for is preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Core Elements for Ambleside Employees
Ambleside School mission statement for its employees:
Relying on God’s grace and motivated by His love, the mission of each Ambleside employee is to be an optimal instrument of student growth, in relation to God, self, others, ideas, creation, and work. This mission implies continued personal and professional growth on the part of employees and the consistent application of the Charlotte Mason/Ambleside Method.
The short form of the “Ambleside Mission” is: By God’s grace to grow and to be an instrument of growth.
Ambleside employees are held to the high standards of Biblical leadership as seen in the person of Christ, and are accountable to live and model an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. They engage in Christ-like relationships as they prepare students to pursue excellence in character, academics and spiritual development, and enable them to enjoy a full, rich life as they follow Christ.
Ambleside employees create an environment and practice consistent with the philosophy and methods taught by Charlotte Mason. They pursue being part of a learning community that includes other staff, students, and parents. Required qualifications for employees are grouped into four key areas:
- A committed believer in Jesus Christ with evidence of a growing relationship with Him.
- Committed to the mission and vision of Ambleside School of Colorado.
- Exemplary in conduct.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification desirable.
- Committed to being trained and mentored and pursuing mastery of the Ambleside Method.
- All life experience will be considered as appropriate and applicable.
Skills and Abilities
- A desire to understand and implement Charlotte Mason’s philosophy and methods.
- A desire to continue learning.
- Love for children, and the ability to act as one under authority as you exercise gentle authority.
- Emotional and spiritual health and stability.
- Social skills to communicate with students, parents, staff, and leadership.
- A spiritual, moral and ethical character that can be borne out via references and ongoing life choices.
- Flexibility and openness to adjust to the change inherent in a young school.
- Other specific job descriptions will apply depending on the position being considered.
To apply for a position at Ambleside School, please fill out the online employment application below. You can also download a PDF of the Employment Application to fill out and send back via email, fax or mail.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Ambleside School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Ambleside School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, hiring policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please note: Online applications cannot be partially saved, please complete the entire application and then submit. Thank you!
“Children’s lessons should provide material for their mental growth, should exercise the several powers of their minds, should furnish them with fruitful ideas, and should afford them knowledge, really valuable for its own sake, accurate, and interesting, of the kind that the child may recall as a man with profit and pleasure.”